Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I promised myself that I’d wait a bit of longer earlier than going loopy with pumpkin spice recipes, and but right here we’re… At the identical time, the air the place I’m is cool and crisp and it simply feels proper to comply with my coronary heart (and my style buds) and make these vegan keto pumpkin spice protein waffles. This is one other a kind of recipes that I make for myself on a regular basis, and eventually determined to write down down and put up, and now that it’s September, I don’t really feel so bizarre about sharing it. I began making these in July, however figured I’d maintain off on posting it, in order to look much less obsessive about fall meals…
Like all the recipes on this web site, these protein waffles are low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free. As an added bonus, this explicit recipe additionally occurs to be coconut-free, nut-free, soy-free and bean-free on the whole. Plus, there are solely 5.7g of web carbs per serving, and nearly 23g of plant protein, which is fairly thrilling in case you ask me. Now, in case you’re questioning concerning the pumpkin in right here, relaxation assured you possibly can eat pumpkin on a keto food regimen. While it’s a bit too excessive in carbs to scarf down a complete can in a single sitting, you possibly can simply sneak canned pumpkin into your macros right here and there with out an excessive amount of budgeting. In truth, the canned pumpkin required for this recipe solely has about 3g of web carbs.
Anywho, I received’t blather on about these for too lengthy. I simply actually hope you get pleasure from them! If you make these and need to share, I really like seeing posts on instagram – simply be sure you tag @meatfreeketo within the picture itself so I’ll see it! Otherwise, it may get misplaced in a sea of notifications.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
- If you don’t need to use protein powder, here’s a recipe for pumpkin spice vegan keto waffles with out protein powder!
- Alternatively, you possibly can substitute the protein powder right here for an equal quantity/weight of lupin flour.
- The waffle maker I take advantage of is the Dash Mini-maker. I’ve been utilizing this waffle maker for years and have by no means had something persist with it. I extremely advocate it. It is wonderful. My earlier waffle iron mainly caught to every little thing, regardless of how a lot I oiled issues up. So, I firmly consider that the waffle iron used makes an enormous distinction.
- The syrup I like is from Lakanto. Fun truth: You can truly s
ave 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto!
- I can not stress this sufficient: learn the labels! I’ve, on multiple event, bought pumpkin pie filling as a substitute of pumpkin pie puree. Pumpkin pie filling is pre-spiced and in addition filled with sugar, whereas pumpkin puree is simply pureed, cooked pumpkin. Big, vital distinction.
- While I try to offer correct dietary info, your calculations could differ a bit. This is particularly true with protein powders, so be sure you learn the label fastidiously.
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
These protein-rich, low-carb vegan keto pumpkin spice waffles are a scrumptious and simple strategy to begin off any fall morning!
- 1 pumpkin puree (~60g)
- 1.5 tbsp room-temp vegan butter substitute or olive oil
- 1/four cup (60ml) water or milk of selection
- 1 scoop (~30g) vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Garden of Life)
- 1 tbsp complete psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- half tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, based on the producer’s directions and flippantly grease together with your most well-liked oil, in case you discover that your waffle iron is a bit sticky.
- In a small bowl, mash collectively the pumpkin, butter substitute & water with a fork till comparatively clean.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining substances till completely mixed.
- Stir the dry substances into the moist substances till every little thing is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens. You ought to be capable of scoop it, and it should not be pourable. If it’s nonetheless a bit of loose-looking, add a further tbsp of the protein powder.
- Make waffles based on your waffle maker directions. I take advantage of a splash waffle maker and break it up into three little waffles as a result of I like making a stack out of them. I additionally normally wait till the little gentle goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle settle down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and any sweetener current in your protein powder to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!