I’ve by no means met an individual who doesn’t love blueberry muffins. That’s why we created these Low Carb Muffins utilizing recent blueberries! Matt is a die exhausting Otis Spunkmeyer fan, whereas I are likely to favor the scrumptious Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin. While our loyalties are divided, we each agree, it’s time to create a keto muffin recipe to as soon as once more take pleasure in our favourite breakfast pastry.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals listing and new recipes each week!
Are Blueberry Muffins Easy to Make?
While regular blueberry muffins have a number of steps akin to making ready moist and dry elements, our keto blueberry muffins are tremendous easy and prepared in underneath an hour. This recipe is gluten free as a result of we use almond flour. Thankfully meaning the batter cannot be overworked like regular gluten flours. This permits us to skip the separating step and as an alternative of getting dry elements AND moist elements, we solely should soiled one bowl.
Blueberries on Keto?
I’m certain the burning query for many individuals is, “Are blueberries keto? ” Technically blueberries sparsely are keto pleasant. These keto blueberry muffins are refined sugar free and solely 4g whole carbs/ 3g web carbs per muffin. Too many blueberries are usually not keto as they’ve a better quantity of sugar and energy than most berries. However this recipe is barely utilizing just a few in every muffin so the carbs are low sufficient that they nonetheless match inside keto macros.
Benefits to Blueberries
Blueberries have tons of well being advantages akin to excessive ranges of antioxidants and potassium. They are additionally wealthy in vitamin C and phytoflavinoids (compounds which shield and defend our our bodies from stress) (1). Blueberries have additionally been identified to assist with decreasing irritation in addition to preventing diseases. Their defensive properties towards sickness is due to the excessive ranges of vitamin C they comprise.
These keto blueberry muffins are usually not solely good for a low carb life-style, but additionally for safeguarding your physique from sickness. With that in thoughts, it’s secure to say you may eat a pair keto blueberry muffins a day to maintain the medical doctors away!
How to Make Keto Blueberry Muffins
If you’re able to discover ways to make the proper keto blueberry muffins, i’ve acquired you lined. We’re going to interrupt down the most effective elements like almond flour, sugar free sweeteners, and extra. As properly as stroll you thru step-by-step in making the most effective refined sugar free keto blueberry muffins.
There are just a few instruments we advocate to make the most effective muffin recipes. Here is what we used for this recipe and what we advocate you could have available:
Muffin Tin: A muffin tin or muffin pan as some name it, is crucial to this recipe. Without a top quality muffin pan these wouldn’t bake or take away correctly.
Hand Mixer: While not important, we strongly advocate buying a hand mixer. We use our hand mixer extra usually than a stand mixer, and this one particularly permits for straightforward compact storage of all of the attachments and cords.
The greatest treats are made with the most effective elements, and our keto recipes all the time prioritize high quality.
- 1 cup almond flour– Almond flour is among the greatest gluten free keto flours available on the market. Since almond flour is made from solely almonds, it has a beautiful nutty high quality completely different ingredient akin to coconut flour couldn’t deliver to the desk. Coconut flour can be extremely absorbent so you can’t sub almond flour for coconut flour on this keto recipe.
- 2 tsp baking powder– Baking powder is completely different than baking soda so it would be best to be sure to’re utilizing the proper leavener for this recipe.
- 1/four cup butter, melted– Butter brings moisture to this muffin recipe so that they keep moist and flavorful for days. If you’re dairy free, coconut oil would work rather than the butter on this recipe. Just know coconut oil doesn’t have a standard muffin style and will probably be a bit of extra coco-nutty in taste than butter.
- 2 tbsp almond milk- You can use any kind of milk substitute akin to coconut, macadamia, cashew, and even flax milk. If you don’t have any milk substitutes you’re welcome to make use of heavy cream however know it’s going to change the macros.
- 2 giant eggs- We discovered 1 to be too few and three giant eggs to be too many. Two was the proper in-between!
- 1/four cup erythritol– Erythritol is one in all our important sugar free sweeteners of alternative. It is keto pleasant and works completely to deliver a lightweight sweetness to those low carb/ keto blueberry muffins.
- 20 drops liquid stevia– Stevia is one other pure sugar free sweetener that’s identified for being very concentrated. We love a mixture of erythritol and stevia as a result of we discover them to enhance one another in sweetness, whereas additionally stopping any digestive misery that sugar alcohols can deliver.
- 70 grams recent blueberries- We all the time go recent at any time when doable with these muffins. While you should utilize frozen blueberries, we don’t advocate it. Frozen blueberries could have a good quantity of extra water. This water could make the batter too moist and never in a position to bake evenly. If you do select to make use of frozen blueberries ensure that to allow them to defrost and drain any extra liquid earlier than including them to the batter.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– A bit of vanilla extract goes a great distance so don’t depart it out!
- 1/four tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Believe it or not, salt truly brings out the sweetness in baked items and is really helpful in not solely keto baking, however all baking.
Now that you’ve got your elements able to go we will start baking the keto blueberry muffins. Follow together with the following tips and instructions to have your muffins come out excellent each time.
- To start, grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups and preheat your oven to 350 levels F- If you propose on making muffins in a muffin liner, use paper cups as they stick lower than the aluminum ones. If you do use aluminum it would be best to grease these as properly.
- In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave, ensure that to go in 20-30 second intervals so the butter doesn’t get too sizzling and pop within the microwave.
- Now add within the remaining elements, minus the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video)- Make certain the almond flour has no clumps, and the vanilla extract & baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Once mixed, you may gently fold within the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins in a muffin tin, after which bake for 22-25 minutes. You’ll know the muffins are completed when a toothpick comes out clear.
- Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with. If you take away them too early they are going to keep on with the tin and wrappers, or crumble and crumble.
- The greatest keto blueberry muffins must be saved in a zipper high bag or air tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
How to Store Low Carb Muffins
Be certain to retailer these within the fridge. They will probably be good for 7-10 days out of the fridge. With just about all keto recipes you need to retailer them within the fridge on account of their excessive moisture content material in comparison with conventional pastries and baked items. Freezing these is just not the most effective thought as a result of you’ll lose the comfortable muffin texture when frozen.
If anybody in your loved ones is a muffin lover otherwise you’re on the lookout for an excellent seize and go snack/ meal then it’s best to make these straightforward keto muffins for meal prep! These low carb muffins will remind you of your favourite blueberry muffins you used to eat pre-keto. So do your self a favor and go make them!
Tips for Making Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Our most popular technique to make these could be in bulk on a Sunday morning. Not solely will you could have a mid-day Sunday snack or publish dinner dessert able to dig into, however you’ll have a seize and go breakfast or snack for your complete week!
Almond Flour vs Coconut Flour
For this recipe we’re going with almond flour because it higher compliments the blueberry taste and ends in a standard muffin texture. Coconut flour received’t have the identical impact and isn’t an appropriate substitute for almond flour on this recipe.
Pro Tip: The extra finely floor the almond flour you employ, the higher outcomes you should have with this recipe. Using almond meal, or a extra coarsely floor almond flour means your low carb muffins received’t be fairly as fluffy.
Use Fresh Blueberries
Nothing compares to a blueberry muffin made with recent blueberries which are in season. Blueberry season is from April to October within the United States. If you propose on making these muffins outdoors of these months, it’s in all probability greatest to get berries that have been picked and frozen throughout blueberry season. Just ensure that the berries are at room temperature and any extra liquid is eliminated earlier than including to the muffin batter.
Use Almond Milk or Heavy Cream
A little bit of extra liquid known as for on this recipe, and we like to make use of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream. If you don’t have both of these then any sort of milk different will work. This may very well be coconut milk, flax milk, cashew milk or macadamia nut milk. If you’re not sure about your batter attempt to examine it to the thickness we obtain within the recipe video on the high of this weblog publish.
Dip Muffins in Erythritol
This creates the traditional sugar topping that most individuals count on from a blueberry muffin. Use granular erythritol to realize this impact in a keto pleasant vogue. If you’re new to keto baking then learn up on our publish about keto sweeteners and that are essentially the most appropriate for a ketogenic weight loss program.
Pro Tip: Allow the muffins to chill for Three-5 minutes earlier than dipping them within the erythritol topping. This will deliver the muffins to the proper temperature for the erythritol to stay with out dissolving!
Change Up the Flavor of Your Keto Muffins
You can take two of those to work with a pair tablespoons of butter and have a desk snack that everybody will probably be jealous of. Change up the flavors and have assorted muffins for your complete household. My favorites could be:
- Cinnamon Swirl (warmed up with some butter)- Try including 1-2 tsp of cinnamon to half the batter. Using equal elements swirl the plain and cinnamon batters collectively earlier than baking.
- Pecan Pie- Instead of normal butter use browned butter and blend in chopped up pecans
- Lemon Poppy Seed (utilizing lemon juice and zest together with poppy seeds) or you may make those we have now on our meals weblog already!
I’m Muff’in Without Recipes!
Looking for extra scrumptious muffin recipes? All our muffins are gluten free and low in web carbs. Keto blueberry muffins are all the time a success however attempt our:
- Keto Pecan Muffins– Like a pecan pie these muffins are nutty and spiced. Plus they’re sugar free keto muffins that work completely as a candy deal with or as a breakfast on the go.
- Low Carb Chocolate Muffins– A wealthy chocolate muffin that takes the keto weight loss program to a different stage. Who knew chocolate muffins that style similar to the little bites rising up may very well be so good!
- Keto Macro Muffins– These are by far the most effective keto muffins in a macro sense. They are usually not solely scrumptious, but additionally nutritious! Sugar free keto pleasant muffins that truly match completely into keto targets.
- Pepperoni Pizza Zucchini Muffins– A lovey tackle a savory muffin. This muffin is full of fats and protein to make a satiating meal alternative on the go.
If you like testing new recipes give these a attempt! We’re certain you’ll love no less than one, if not ALL of those tasty low carb recipes that match completely on a keto weight loss program.
Easy Blueberry Mug Muffin Recipe!
Sometimes you’re simply hankering for a blueberry muffin, however don’t have the endurance or time to whip up a batch of those scrumptious low carb muffins. In that occasion, we’ve acquired you lined with our low carb blueberry mug cake recipe! It takes lower than two minutes to make and can completely fulfill your muffin cravings! In case you didn’t know Matthew and I are mug cake aficionados. We make mug desserts on a regular basis and we’ve even included six by no means earlier than seen mug cake recipes in The Fat Bomb Bible!
Recipe might be shortly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Low Carb Blueberry Muffins”
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Moist muffins filled with candy blueberries and baked to perfection.
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings eight muffins
Calories per serving 154kcal
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin cups (and grease these if not suing parchment paper cups) and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
In a big mixing bowl soften the butter within the microwave.
Add within the remaining elements, apart from the blueberries and mix utilizing a hand mixer or a whisk till uniform in consistency (as seen in video).
Gently fold in your recent blueberries.
Evenly divide the batter all through eight muffins and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Allow to chill for 5-10 minutes previous to dealing with.
Best saved in a zipper high bag or air tight container within the fridge as much as 5 days. Enjoy with some butter for a fast seize and go breakfast!
Net Carbs: 3g
Serving Size: 1 Blueberry Muffin
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.