Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant method to assist assist this website! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I actually love peanut butter and all issues related to this scrumptious meals. It’s a stable supply of lysine, a vital amino acid discovered primarily in beans (for plant sources, no less than). It will be tough to acquire on a vegan keto weight loss plan, so I’m utilizing that as justification for consuming peanut butter on a regular basis. In addition to utilizing it for protein bars, and a straight-from-the-jar deal with, I additionally love making peanut sauces and placing them on the whole lot, like this tremendous straightforward vegan keto tempeh satay with peanut sauce.
Use coupon code MEATFREEKETO15 for 15% of all full dimension merchandise!
The peanut sauce right here is absurdly easy and depends on only a few components (that you just most likely have already got in your fridge/pantry):
You can simply substitute the low-sodium tamari with common tamari, particularly if utilizing an unsalted peanut butter. You may additionally use soy-sauce or coconut aminos. If sriracha isn’t your cup of tea, you’ll be able to simply use your favourite chili paste. Gochujang and Thai pink curry paste are two of my favourite choices. If you don’t like the flavour of maple syrup, or discover it too overpowering, any sugar-free sort syrup can work, although it could have a distinct style or texture.
I prefer to serve these skewers with both cauliflower rice or my vegan keto crack slaw, and use the leftover sauce to dip and in addition to combine with the rice. This is unquestionably turning into considered one of my favourite straightforward meals and I’ll for certain be making it rather a lot sooner or later. I hope you get pleasure from it! If you make it, I’d love to listen to about it within the feedback or on social media! 😀
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Tempeh Satay With Peanut Sauce
- Soak the skewers earlier than cooking in order that they don’t burn!
- Be certain to have a look at the components for the tempeh! Nutrition information differ wildly as a result of some varieties are made with grains like rice, and a few are made with flax and seeds. The latter class are decrease in carbs for certain.
- To make this soy-free, you’ll be able to hunt down among the many soy-free tempeh choices that now exist in grocery shops (facet notice, Wegman’s on the east coast is wonderful for having soy-free meat substitutes at affordable costs). Both peanut tempeh and “hempeh” exist that I’ve seen, and I’m certain extra will likely be coming because the market calls for extra soy-free choices.
- Another soy-free possibility is to make use of a soy-free tofu instead of the tempeh (like this one created from pepitas or sunflower seeds or this one created from hemp).
- For each soy-free choices above, sub out the tamari for coconut aminos!
- Like with the tempeh, manufacturers of peanut butter can differ in vitamin as properly. Look for one made with simply peanuts and salt (or simply peanuts) to keep away from further carbs!
- The sort of sugar-free maple syrup makes a distinction right here, too. I like to make use of this one from Lakanto, as a result of I’ve discovered that it tastes one of the best of all those I’ve tried and doesn’t upset my abdomen. Kind of key. You can save 20% by utilizing the code MEATFREEKETO 🙂
- While I try to supply correct dietary info, completely different manufacturers and varieties may have completely different dietary values, so your calculations might differ.
Vegan Keto Tempeh Satay With Peanut Sauce
This tremendous straightforward, protein-filled low carb vegan dish is scrumptious, and is ready-to-eat in lower than 30 minutes (together with cleanup!).
- half block (4oz/114g) tempeh
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- sprint of sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut your skewers to the scale you need and soak them in water.
- Cut the tempeh into four equal items and stick each bit on a skewer, lengthwise.
- Whisk collectively remaining components till easy and coat the tempeh on this sauce.
- Skewer the tempeh, organize on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, till barely crispy (when you like them further crispy, bake for an extra 5 minutes).
- Use the remaining sauce as a dip, and revel in!
This can simply be doubled to make use of the complete bundle and make two servings, although it may possibly get a bit of dry if chilled and reheated, so hold that in thoughts!