Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn somewhat money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something additional, and is a pleasant approach to assist help this website! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
The different day, I wandered round Trader Joe’s with a pal of mine and we ended up discovering their maple oat milk. Of course, it was fairly excessive in carbs and positively not keto-friendly, nevertheless it received me considering, and impressed me to attempt to make a maple-flavored vegan keto espresso creamer. After making an attempt just a few completely different nut milk bases, this vegan keto maple walnut milk was the winner.
This is a brilliant easy recipe that solely requires just a few components and takes just about no time to make. That being stated, as a result of the components are so minimal, it’s necessary to ensure those you select are top quality and saved correctly to keep up freshness. This is particularly necessary with nuts which might be excessive in oils like walnuts. I’ve made the error of shopping for low cost walnuts earlier than to make use of in an analogous recipe (my vegan keto eggnog, really!) they usually tasted so rancid, there was no saving it and I needed to toss the entire batch and purchase new walnuts. Lesson discovered. Along these strains, I additionally advocate storing nuts in a cool, darkish place. If you could have room in your fridge, that is splendid, however so long as your pantry stays fairly cool, the nuts ought to be advantageous.
Similarly, as a result of a lot of the flavour on this recipe comes from the sugar-free maple syrup, it would be best to select a top quality one. My absolute favourite keto-friendly syrup is from Lakanto. This has been my go-to for YEARS. It is the one sugar-free maple syrup that I’ve tried that has not upset my abdomen (so many are made with gross sweeteners that may kick you out of ketosis and trigger some intense digestive discomfort). The taste can be implausible! You may also save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto, and assist help the location whereas saving cash – win, win!.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
- Like I discussed above, the syrup I exploit right here is from Lakanto and you’ll save 20% with the code MeatFreeKeto.com!
- Just a little separation is completely regular. Just shake up the milk earlier than utilizing. This shops for every week within the fridge (although I at all times drink mine nicely earlier than we hit that mark!).
- I at all times pressure my milk with a nut milk bag to take away items of the pores and skin and any giant chunks. It’s not completely essential, however positively significantly improves the feel!
- The thickness of this walnut milk is round that of almond milk, however you can also make it additional creamy by doubling the quantity of walnuts used. Just needless to say it will principally double the energy and carbs per serving as nicely.
- If you’ll be able to’t eat (or don’t like) walnuts, you’ll be able to substitute them for an equal measure of any of the next: pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews or almonds. Just needless to say cashews are a bit larger in carbs and that hazeluts and almonds are somewhat more durable, so extra soaking and mixing might be essential!
- While I try to supply correct diet data, completely different manufacturers and types of components could have differing dietary values. So, your calculations might differ barely.
Vegan Keto Maple Walnut Milk
A scrumptious fall-flavored beverage that pairs fantastically with espresso, tea and even some low-carb granola!
- 1/four cup (30g) uncooked walnuts
- 2 cups (480ml) water, plus a bit extra for soaking
- 1-2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (I exploit 2 if I am making this to place in tea or espresso and 1 if I am utilizing it to pour over granola or cereal)
- pinch of salt (non-obligatory)
- Place the walnuts in a small bowl, cowl with water and soak in a single day OR soak in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the walnuts and add to a blender with the two cups (480ml) water.
- Blend till clean.
- Strain utilizing a nut milk bag to take away any remaining chunks or bits of pores and skin.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid that seals tightly. Add within the sugar-free syrup and salt and shake to mix.
- Store for as much as every week within the fridge
The serving measurement is predicated on the quantity that I often use for a cup of espresso or tea. 🙂