We don’t know one person who has never been to Applebee’s, do you? Choosing your meals was probably a breeze then, but now if you’re on a ketogenic diet it may get tricky. No worries! If you search for Applebees keto options online, there aren’t many results out there. That’s why we wanted to create a low carb friendly guide for you, so you know what to order at Applebee’s.
3 quick rules to remember at Applebee’s:
- Don’t eat high carb food – no buns, soup, no crispy and fried meals, no mashed potatoes, no fries and no sweetened drinks. Oh, and no breadsticks! One serving has 25 grams of carbs!
- Be cautious with sauces and dressings – order low carb dressings and ask for no sauce instead.
- Drinks have sugar too – avoid cocktails and opt for black coffee, unsweetened tea or water.
Applebee’s Keto and Low Carb Entrees
1. 6 oz. Top Sirloin with Steamed Broccoli (no mashed potatoes)
Packed with lots of protein, in this meal you’ll get sirloin steak with broccoli on the side. You can order the same combo with an 8 oz. top sirloin steak. Remember to keep it low carb and skip mashed potatoes!
Nutrition info: 300 calories; 15g fat; 37g protein; 6g total carbs; 3g net carbs
2. 12 oz. Ribeye with Steamed Broccoli (no mashed potatoes)
A hefty 12 oz. ribeye steak with steamed broccoli. This meal has 63g of protein, so if you want to stay full for longer, this menu item is one of your best bets. Keep it keto and don’t order mashed potatoes.
Nutrition info: 700 calories; 48g fat; 63g protein; 5g total carbs; 2g net carbs
3. Double-glazed Baby Back Ribs (no coleslaw, no fries)
Don’t order coleslaw here since the original recipe is packed with sugar. In this Applebee’s meal you’ll get a full portion of double glazed baby back ribs. Too big? Not an issue, since you can order a half rack of baby back ribs as well. Pair it up with steamed broccoli or a side salad.
Nutrition info (full size): 900 calories; 64g fat; 80g protein; 1g total carbs; 0g net carbs
4. Bourbon Street Steak (no mashed potatoes)
One of the best low carb options at Applebee’s! Order an 8 oz. top sirloin steak topped with a buttery garlic blend, Cajun seasoning and seasoned mushrooms and onions. It’s totally a ketogenic meal once you skip on the mashed potatoes. Grab a side salad to up your veggies for the day!
Nutrition info: 540 calories; 35g fat; 48g protein; 9g total carbs; 7g net carbs
5. Shrimp ‘N Parmesan Sirloin with Steamed Broccoli (no mashed potatoes)
In this Shrimp ‘N Parmesan Sirloin order you’ll get the best of both worlds. It comes with an 8 oz. top sirloin steak made with blackened seasoning, seasoned sauteed shrimp, lemon butter Parmesan sauce, Parmesan cheese, parsley and broccoli.
Nutrition info: 660 calories; 43g fat; 62g protein; 10g total carbs; 6g net carbs
6. Grilled Chicken Breast with Steamed Broccoli
This menu item is a really simple meal full of protein and less fat – good if you’re on the keto diet to lose weight and watch your calories. It’s simply a seasoned chicken breast with broccoli (hello fiber!).
Nutrition info: 290 calories; 11g fat; 43g protein; 6g total carbs; 4g net carbs
7. Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp
Grilled chicken breast with blackened and Cajun seasoning with a buttery garlic blend, mixed with sauteed shrimp, mushrooms and onions. To up your fiber and veggies for the day, ask your server for a side of steamed broccoli or a side salad.
Nutrition info: 490 calories; 29g fat; 51g protein; 10g total carbs; 8g net carbs
8. Fiesta Lime Chicken (no rice, no tortilla strips, no ranch)
Grilled chicken breast in a cilantro lime glaze paied with pico de gallo, seasoning and shredded cheese. If you want to make your food more keto friendly, skip pico de gallo as well. It will save you a gram or two of carbs.
Nutrition info: 420 calories; 24g fat; 46g protein; 7g total carbs; 6g net carbs
9. Blackened Cajun Salmon with Steamed Broccoli (no potatoes)
This is probably one of the healthiest menu items at Applebee’s. Did you know that salmon is full of healthy fats and omegas? It’s actually one of the healthiest fish our there! Comes with steamed broccoli.
Nutrition info: 340 calories; 18g fat; 39g protein; 10g total carbs; 6g net carbs
Applebee’s Keto and Low Carb Burgers
Most of the time burgers are a safe bet anywhere you go, as long as you get it without the bun and the sauce. At Applebee’s, you can order a burger patty instead of a chicken breast patty. You can also add extra bacon to each meal, or double your burger (or chicken) patty if you’re feeling extra hungry.
Check out these low carb burger options:
10. Classic Bacon Cheeseburger (no bun, no fries)
Here you’ll get a beef patty with smoked bacon, American cheese, lettuce, pickle chips, tomatoes and red onion. Don’t forget to skip the bun and say no to fries! To fill you up a little more and get some fiber, order a side of steamed broccoli or a side salad.
Nutrition info: 610 calories; 46g fat; 44g protein; 5g total carbs; 2g net carbs
11. Classic Burger (no bun, no fries)
This Applebee’s menu item contains a beef patty, lettuce, pickle chips and sliced red onion. It’s a great option if you’re also lactose intolerant or simply don’t eat cheese. Of course, make it low carb by omitting the bun and fries.
Nutrition info: 420 calories; 31g fat; 32g protein; 3g total carbs; 2g net carbs
12. Classic Cheeseburger (no bun, no fries)
As long as you skip the bun, a classic cheeseburger is probably the most keto friendly meals in all kinds of fast food restaurants. This menu item contains a beef patty, American cheese, tomato slices, sliced red onion, pickle chips and lettuce. Also, don’t order fries!
Nutrition info: 510 calories; 39g fat; 37g protein; 5g total carbs; 2g net carbs
13. Quesadilla Burger (no tortilla, no ranch)
Obviously, this meal can’t contain a tortilla, but you’ll still get a quesadilla burger beef patty, sliced bacon, pepper jack and shredded cheese, iceberg lettuce and pico de gallo. Don’t order it with ranch to avoid some carbs and definitely say no to the fries!
Nutrition info: 890 calories; 68g fat; 60g protein; 12g total carbs; 9g net carbs
14. Whiskey Bacon Burger (no bun, no crispy onions, no whiskey sauce)
Order it with no bun, no crispy onions and no whiskey sauce since it’s full of unhealthy sugars. This Applebee’s menu item contains a beef patty, smoked bacon, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, pickle chips, red onion and tomatoes. Want more veggies in your diet? Choose from one of the salads or keto diet friendly low carb sides.
Nutrition info: 670 calories; 51g fat; 49g protein; 6g total carbs; 5g net carbs
15. Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun, no BBQ ranch)
Make sure to get it without the bun and remove the BBQ ranch sauce. In this combo you’ll get grilled chicken breast, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, pickle chips, seasoning, sliced red onion and tomato slices.
Nutrition info: 470 calories; 24g fat; 57g protein; 5g total carbs; 4g net carbs
16. Clubhouse Grille (no bread, no honey BBQ)
This menu item has sliced ham, sliced turkey breast, Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, Swiss cheese, iceberg lettuce, mayo and tomato slices. If steak or shrimp isn’t in your agenda today, get this meal instead. Remember to skip the bread and get rid of the honey BBQ.
Nutrition info: 570 calories; 42g fat; 40g protein; 9g total carbs; 8g net carbs
Applebee’s Keto and Low Carb Salads
17. Caesar Salad with Blackened Shrimp (no croutons)
In this salad you’ll get the sauteed blackened shrimp, Parmesan cheese, romaine lettuce and Caesar dressing. Make sure your salad doesn’t contain croutons. If you want to make your food even more keto and low carb friendly, skip the Caesar dressing and replace it with the oil and vinegar one to save a few carbs.
Nutrition info: 570 calories; 47g fat; 25g protein; 14g total carbs; 9g net carbs
18. Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (no croutons)
This Applebee’s Caesar salad is almost the same as the previous one, but with grilled chicken. Again, make sure it doesn’t contain any croutons. If you want to, swap the Caesar dressing for other low carb options, such as the ranch dressing.
Nutrition info: 670 calories; 49g fat; 48g protein; 12g total carbs; 7g net carbs
19. Grilled Chicken Salad (no honey dijon mustard)
This Applebee’s salad contains a grilled chicken breast, shredded cheese and diced tomatoes on a green salad mix. Substitute honey dijon mustard for a low carb dressing, such as bleu cheese or the lemon olive oil vinaigrette.
Nutrition info: 430 calories; 19g fat; 54g protein; 11g total carbs; 6g net carbs
20. Tuscan Garden Chicken Salad
Is this salad okay for someone who’s on a keto diet? It has 7 grams of fiber, so if it fits your macros it’s okay in our book. Here you’ll get the Applebee’s grilled chicken breast, bruschetta, cucumbers, parsley, red onion and lemon olive oil vinaigrette all on a salad mix. Want to save a few carbs? Omit the bruschetta and replace the lemon vinaigrette with another low carb option.
Nutrition info: 580 calories; 37g fat; 45g protein; 22g total carbs; 15g net carbs
Applebee’s Keto Sides & Salad Dressings
- Caesar Salad (no croutons): 170 calories; 16g fat; 3g protein; 4g total carbs; 2g net carbs
- House Salad (no croutons): 70 calories; 4g fat; 4g protein; 6g total carbs; 4g net carbs
- Garlicky Green Beans: 160 calories; 13g fat; 2g protein; 10g total carbs; 7g net carbs
- Homestyle Cheesy Broccoli: 210 calories; 17g fat; 9g protein; 8g total carbs; 5g net carbs
- Steamed Broccoli: 100 calories; 8g fat; 3g protein; 6g total carbs; 3g net carbs
- Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing: 200 calories; 22g fat; 1g protein; 1g total carbs; 0g net carbs
- Caesar Salad Dressing: 200 calories; 21g fat; 1g protein; 2g total carbs; 2g net carbs
- Lemon Olive Oil Vinaigrette: 150 calories; 16g fat; 0g protein; 1g total carbs; 1g net carbs
- *Mexi-Ranch Salad Dressing: 140 calories; 14g fat; 1g protein; 3g total carbs; 3g net carbs
- *Ranch Salad Dressing: 150 calories; 15g fat; 1g protein; 3g total carbs; 3g net carbs
*We marked these because Mexi-Ranch and Ranch Dressing are only keto friendly if you’re okay with 3 grams of carbs. Some of us who are on the ketogenic diet can consume more carbs than others, all depending on their individual macros.
Our Final Opinion
When it comes to counting your carbs, Applebee’s has an amazing Interactive Nutrition Calculator on their website. You can mix and match your meals and see how many grams of carbs are in each. Applebee’s gets a huge plus from us for this one.
Applebee’s has a long menu of meat options and side dishes. While we always encourage you to cook at home, even strict keto dieters will find something here. Don’t get too comfy with drinks though, order unsweetened tea or coffee instead!
For more keto friendly restaurant guides, check out all of our posts here. On our website, you’ll find more info on low carb eating at Whataburger, Sonic, Subway, Panera and more!
Leave a Reply